Friday, March 22, 2019

Welcome, wipe your feet.

     Welcome to Creative Mountain Life!  

Thank you for taking time out of your day to see what I am up to over here. I decided to start this blog to keep me accountable for all the things I want to show up for in my life.  From every creative idea that trickles through this aging brain of mine to how my family and I experience life in the mountains of Southwest Colorado.  It seems that a blog is the best way to get my ideas out and documented.  
 I will be posting my creative process, provide project inspiration, mountain living narrations or maybe just some pretty eye candy.  I consider myself to be a pretty creative individual.  Couple that with living in a beautiful part of the country and I think there could be some pretty groovy content for a lifestyle blog!  It may change over time, but for now, using my creativity to simplify and customize my life seems like a groovy idea.
 This year I will celebrate a milestone birthday.  I've really been contemplating hard about the fact that I get out of life just what I put in to it.  So sitting by and watching time float by like a dead leaf in the rain gutter sounds pretty counterproductive to my creativity at this stage in life.  Like my Granny Moe used to say, "You can wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up faster." I suppose I would rather chance the fallout resulting from crapping in my own hand, than to waste time wishing away life.  
  Admittedly, the analogy is kinda gross, but there is something to be said about doing hard things.  It's messy and ugly; but once complete, it's something I can be proud of.  My experiences will show me that the journey is 90 times better than the final result.  Putting myself out here for the GIGANTIC masses to see is scary, but having that mess in my hand will remind me that life is meant to be experienced and lived, not to be wished away.  What is your favorite way to be present or to stay creative? Lay it on me.
Peace, Love and Paintbrushes~

No comments:

Post a Comment