Sunday, June 9, 2019

Art Journal Jazz

Seaside, OR

Around this time a year ago, I attended one of my bucket list workshops in Oregon.  It was an art journal workshop with Alisa Burke in Seaside, OR.  She is one of my BIGGEST inspirations for SO many reasons.  I was seriously almost starstruck when I pulled in to the parking spot in front of her studio and she walked out.  THERE SHE WAS!!! IN PERSON!!! Holy shit.  Anyway, I had a blast and learned a ton of techniques for my art journal. I realize it really is so neat to have the base layer already completed so I can just sit and doodle anywhere. I even followed her tip to make it portable and I took it to the park. I completed a doodle page while my son played! Fastest hour of my life ;-)

Alisa's cute little studio

Bucket List Item- Check!! Met my inspiration artist :-)


A gift from teacher

My hotel, found randomly online
The backside of the hotel, right on the river
Look at all these yummy layers of color and papers I did in her class!  Just begging for some mixed media.


Pockets to hold scraps or stickers or washi tape


Another finished spread-almost like scrapbook style



A completed spread from the layers shown in the next image




Inside Alisa's studio- CUTE handmade/hand painted quilt that she made

Portable studio wall with table chock full of yummy supplies
Her artwork is featured in books, on accessories and home decor items

So much inspiration here!

Her darling daughter, Lucy

In action, demonstrating her techniques.
I love everything about her free, authentic style.  I strive to work towards that myself and was feeling a little nostalgic about it since she just held another art journal retreat one year after I attended.  I was wishing I was there again <3

I took this at the Japanese Gardens in Portland, so beautiful there!



Peace, Love and Paintbrushes,

No comments:

Post a Comment