Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Simple Front Door Update


It's springtime in the mountains!
One minute it is in the 50's, the next it is snowing.  I took advantage of some of that higher temperatue moments of last weekend and refreshed my front door.
Last summer we painted our house (ourselves) and I had the front door paint picked out.  I purchased it in the fall, but only to have it sit on the counter so long that it became too cold to paint.  Finally, it was nice enough that I was able to get 'er done.

Before Front- Please ignore the severe drought lawn.  

Before Back

WIP Paint Job

After- Front, grass looks a tad better.



After- Back (minus the trim paint)
 

I made this house number thingy
I made the house number thingy by the door out of two pieces I picked up 50% off at Hob Lob and screwed them together.  Then screwed them directly on to the house. I cut the numbers using my vinyl cutting machine. I like the idea of switching out the greenery for flowers in the summer or leaves in the fall.  Last Christmas I put in some pine and spruce tree boughs from the slash/burn pile here in the subdivision.

I finally got around to painting the front door last weekend.  I am loving the dramatic difference that just a bit of paint and some elbow grease has on this place!
Before
After- Paint, flowers and a new doormat


                        
Before
After
                          
Before- Door number thingy
After- Flowers and a 'wreath'





















We still have some touch up under the door- or we may not do it....  We plan on adding some rusty corrugated steel panels this summer to help with future winter snow loads.  Something has to be done to help with winters that make our house look like this:



What is your favorite way to add curb appeal each spring?

Peace, Love and Paintbrushes,

No comments:

Post a Comment